(continued from previous entry)

I FINALLY SAW EVELYN!!!!

I was happy & excited to see her after so long!! The last time I saw her was May 2009 while I was still helping out at Syno. Nice to see someone I know overseas!

It was way too early for dinner so she suggested to show us the CBD area of SH. 



By right there was The Bund but it was shut down and restricted due to renovation for the expo and SH city was getting dusty with all the construction going on.. so we'll just go see the Jinmao Tower and the Bottlecap Tower! Haha...

But before that, the sight with 东方明珠塔.




Ok, this is Jinmao, followed by Bottlecap Tower 
(This is some financial tower but unfortunately I'm not sure of its correct full name)



Shot with a good friend in Shanghai....

Come to think of it, I'm quite lucky to know her otherwise I would have been seriously all alone in Shanghai during all these biz trips over there.

As the night fall, the weather got colder!


We walked back to the city and decided to find a place for dinner.

So she brought us to a 川菜 place.

Lotsa spicy food.

Evelyn took us by surprise by offering to pay for this meal saying we were guest in her country. I think this is some kinda culture... I told her when if she ever come to Singapore again, I'd definitely take her out to play for a whole day and give her a big feast treat!

After dinner, she took us to catch some sneak peak of The Bund.



And we were back at Oriental Pearl Tower 



After that we made our way to Xintiandi. Go to Shanghai of course must see what is that like! I've always heard about it so I wanna see if it was as happening~

Took some pretty lights along the way.


And so here we are at Xintiandi!


The dim lighting at Xintiandi makes it very hard to capture nice pictures. A lot of blur shots....




I'm not exactly sure if comparing Boat Quay to Xintiandi is correct since I'm not very sure if that's how Boat Quay is. But there are a lot of dark alleys that leads to pub, lounges, cafe at Xintiandi. But they're not as noisy as Boat Quay.

I wasn't aware if any of the places are open cos it's kinda quiet & desserted. Maybe because it was a Sunday night? We didn't hang out at any cafe as it was getting late for Evelyn, she still has to work as per normal the next day so we call it a day and promised to meet up again when I'm able to drop by Shanghai again :)

-

Monday, had a tiring weekend and I thought I could probably take a break from everything until I heard K knocking on my door at 10am,

"En En! Are you up? It's already 10am."

I really really really really really hate being waken up from my sleep and would curse & sweat for minutes cos I was feeling extremely grouchy.

After washing up.... have to set up my laptop and WORK as per normal day since the folks in Suzhou were also working.

I was extremely pissed, dulan and sian.... not because I have to work or what... Yes, I know he was responsible and I shouldn't assume I get the day off just because I had a tiring & fulfilling weekend but wah lau..... I was super buay song la!

So after working till lunch time, K brought me to some supermarket to get stuff. I bought many different flavours of Pockey that's not available in Singapore. They taste REALLY YUMMY!!! But err... may contain a lot of artificial colouring & sugar.

After spending my last few RMB/yuan, we went back to the apartment.

Actually, truthfully, I believed I was the one who wanted to go back. Perhaps K probably still wanted to go elsewhere but I'm seriously not interested and he was like "You're really so tired ah?"

You know... when you're doing something you like, it wouldn't matter to you about tiredness, you'd even forget about time passing but when you're doing something you dread, you don't even want to get involved and especially not spending time with him....

I mean, yes K is a nice guy, a nice person but I just didn't want to hang out, ok? Not today.

So K was sort of being forced to go back to the apartment too.

When we got back, I only wanted to sleep and didn't want to care about other things so I didn't know if he went out again or what. It wasn't my business.

Come evening time, K came knocking on my door asking if I want to eat. I told him after spending at the grocery, I don't have enough for dinner and asked him to go ahead alone.

You know... I am someone who's ok of eating & hanging out alone. If nobody's eating with me, I can go da bao, buy back or find something to eat on my own if I am die die starving to the max already etc. I still got my cup noodles that I can clear.

Ok, maybe I had enough of hanging out with him for the past 2 weeks that I am sian of hanging out with him liao... *rolls eyes*

Haha! So later he said "I treat you ba..." 

It's not that I gian somebody treating me... but he eat alone will die, is it?

So I reluctantly went out with him. I was so sian I just told him to choose what he want to eat....

We had Japanese BBQ and basically we shared what we ordered and it's very awkward and qi guai la... grrrrr....

At least the BBQ food taste good.



You know... K actually asked me why am I not posing with the food since for the past few weeks, I always wanted to pose with the food.

I really wanted to facepalm right there & then. Cos I can't even have the freewill to choose to want to take or don't take!!!

So I had to reluctantly pose with my last meal in Shanghai....

Finally the awkward dinner was over and we could finally be back in the apartment to pack up for tomorrow.

-

Tuesday, 930am flight, 730 gotta reach airport...

Which means gotta wake up like super duper early to prepare as the journey from SH apartment to Pudong is freaking long - close to 2 hours. We left the apartment when the sky was still dark. 

When we reached the airport, it was a beautiful sunrise. Beautiful country side view actually even though I was sleepy.

Got to airport and was looking around, I wanted to get egg tarts from KFC and there were some hai bao displays there and K asked me to pose... I think he really thinks I'm a poser.... -.-"

And I look extremely dumb with my fat ass.... sigh


Just something I thought about while I was on plane......

In a nutshell, China (I'm not going to say anything offensive or politically-related but it's just a personal overall opinion):

1. Has absolutely NO RULES. ANYBODY can do ANYTHING. ANYTHING can be done in ANY WAY. Because there's no rules, ppl would think they rule.

No queues = cut queues
No systems = create own system own way
No standards = standards could be CHANGED ALL THE TIME!

2. Has many loud-talking ppl.

Before actually interacting with real China ppl, I always think they talk really loud. I mean.. come on, is that volume needed? I'm not deaf.

But while I got there... I realise due to the overpopulation, if one doesn't talk loudly, he/she will never be/get heard. So ppl are always yelling on top of their lungs even though they're just face to face.

But what bothers me is ppl talking loudly over their mobile phone. They JUST had to shout as if the phone's faulty or something...

3. Has more kiasu ppl than in Singapore.

Seriously... Singaporeans ARE SO NOT kiasu as compared to what I see over there. I took planes with China ppl. We all know that when planes land, time is needed to manouver the plane to the appropriate hanger for the passengers to alight from the plane.

But woah.. as soon as the plane landed, those Chinese nationals unbuckles their seatbelts and took their luggage down and walked down the aisle already and they're ok standing for 15minutes just to be the first to get out of the plane. 

I took trains with them as well, same thing... even 15minutes before the train arrived at the station, they all rushed to exit doors. I don't understand...

Not finding faults with what I mentioned above, just a few facts I don't get it that's all. I guess it made sense with the "train/plane don't wait, so gotta prepare early" But can do it in a more civilised manner or not? without pushing & rushing can?

I was sitted next to a really nice Australian lady whom I spent time chatting with. She said she actually went to China to meet her boyfriend then mentioned about her ex-husband and all and her kids are actually older than me who are married so that makes her a grandmother. Very complicated. She was actually en route back to Australia via Singapore.


Finally landed in Singapore and I miss Papa & Dearie a lot!!!

I wasn't impressed with K's dry joke about meeting at work later.

We landed at about 3pm-ish and after collecting our luggage, he was like "So I'll see you at the office later, ok!" -_-"

Come on, 非常不好笑,好不好.

A big pile of clothes to be washed, sorry mama.

I get to hug Dearie to sleep.....

And it's another working day the next day....