(continued from the  previous entry)

After we left the amusement park, we had some hard time getting cabs, no cabs wanted to pick us up! What was frustrating was that, those cabs were empty? So I didn't understand why they didn't want to pick us up?

So we decided to get a cab in the middle of a road divider! I asked Candy to take a pic of me with the beautiful sky while Mr Leong & Vivian were busy trying to get cab! =P

Sunset sky is so lovely to miss it!


You can tell we were standing in the middle right? So we can get either sides of the cab to stop! :P

As we were all extremely tired, Mr Leong suggested we get some foot massage so Candy recommended us a nice place and 4 of us went for the body & foot massage. By 'body', it just meant sitting down position and those masseur would be standing behind us massaging our neck, shoulders, lower back for us.

I'm still not quite used to the idea of male masseur for female patrons! And all the guys who did for us were much younger.... goodness.

Let's have a round of age-guessing, shall we? 

It was meant to be sarcastic cos I wasn't really interested although those girls always like to do such things.... I mean, it's nice to fool ppl into thinking I'm younger than I look even though in truth, I am older than how I look.

Thpse masseur all guessed I'm 21 22. Those chaps were just 22, 25, 27... gosh! The lady massaging Mr Leong is 27 and she's a mom. The guy massaging me is 27 as well and he's married. They all asked me why am I not married... BLAAAHH!!!

Whenever ppl ask me questions like that, I always feel like replying 关你什么事? or 关你屁事?

They commented that I looked like one of their local celebrity/singer Jin Haixin.

I went to google and this is how she looks...

I look like her meh? 
She got dimples and such huge eyes while I don't have leh....

After foot massage, time to eat.... We had steamboat within walking distance from the foot massage palour. Steamboat!!! Nothing special about it so no pics.... I only remembered ate until sibei full....

After that Mr Leong suggested to sing KTV. Although I wasn't enthu but I shall follow the majority.

So we walked & walked & walked....

Then we walked passed this nice accessory-stuff-toy shop!



So we went ahead to sing KTV for 2 hours. There was nothing special as well cos I don't quite enjoy KTV-ing with them honestly. By the end of the session, it was close to 11ish, time to go.

We saw Candy off on the cab and the 3 of us shared cab back to the hotel we were putting up one night with.

-

Sunday, got ready and waited for the driver who brought us around in Wuxi yesterday to the Wuxi train station to purchase tickets back to Suzhou.

After purchasing, we wanted to have some porridge for breakfast so we asked if he might know somewhere. But due to some miscommunication, he just randomly dropped us off anyhow at the road side cos he wanted to pick up other passenger - meaning he wanted to do other business.

I supposed he calculated that it was better to do to & fro short trips than to become a ''private driver'' for a day. Fine fine.

We came by this restaurant and had different flavours of porridge. Unfortunately, I took pics with Mr Leong's camera instead of mine so I don't have any copies of pic of the 香喷喷,热藤藤的粥.

After lunch, we are roaming around this Carrefour building.


Wuxi has H&M! =P

Nothing much really since there wasn't really a plan. We just went to walk walk, topped up my China mobile no. then looked around Carrefour with Vivian while Mr Leong decided to go elsewhere.

We had lunch at MacDonald's. Then basically just killing time on the streets and Mr Leong decided to clean his shoes.


Poor lady trying to earn a living. It was only for 2yuan, which is SG 50cents. 

Halfway there was patroling officers and the lady had to scram and told Mr Leong to wait for a while until the officers were gone. Her tools include toothpaste, toothbrush, simple brushes and cloth.... poor thing....

Had some more time left and we spent it at this internet cafe and board the train back to Suzhou which we reached 30minutes later. Took a cab back to the apartment and had a nap.

Mr Leong arranged for us to have dinner with his friend, Wang & his wife Lisa. They're a couple in their late 30s? or if not early 40s. Lisa is super tall!! Taller than me perhaps and her husband's shorter than her la.

After dinner, the couple had to leave while the 3 of us went to Blue Marlin to eat & talk again.....

SIBEI SIAN.

I think I might want to change job cos I really don't like all these overseas mingling/networking thingy...

I'm really not this type of person with 'business-minded' mentality or personality la... I wonder how can I sustain in this job if this overseas trip keep happening.

-

Monday, it was a public holiday in China 清明节. So I could nuah the whole day.

I only got up at 11am. The usual bath, brunch while watching Autumn's Concerto and chat chat chat chat chat on MSN.

I am Friendless in China so my only companions were people on my MSN list. Sigh...

It's times like that that made me miss home a lot.

-

Tuesday, after the holiday I got back to work as per normal.

Nothing much happen during work since my job scope is pretty mundane anyway.

However, Mr Leong was on a quest to try some ramen for dinner tonight. I got back to the apartment after work today and Mr Leong was already home and we waited for Vivian to come by before we went across the street to try the ramen.

I didn't take pics cos I didn't find the ramen there too fantastic or anything special. But super full.

One thing I realise....as much as I eat a lot. I don't really love eating or am the type to live to eat. Cos I'm a giam siap kwee (吝啬鬼, basically a miser)!

People who love eating or the type to live to eat is willing to pay to eat good food... but I'm not.

Although I don't have to pay for good food in China but I don't really enjoy it. I don't know how to explain but I really don't like eating around like that with Mr Leong, be it in Singapore or in China. Sigh....

-

Wednesday, had dinner with Mayun. It was her treat although I'm not quite sure why.

We had chicken soup steamboat! It was fantabulous. But we sat right smack in the middle of the restaurant with many loud, noisy, rowdy businessmans and ppl. It was quite hard to keep up with a conversation with her.

We chatted lots about the company, Mr Leong, both our own life stories. We weren't very hopeful with the current business direction. Likewise I am not very sure of my objective and purpose in this company.

I thought I was a designer but I wasn't so sure based on the current things I was tasked to do.... oh well...

Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable meal with a fellow co-worker in a foreign land.

-

Thursday, because of the lack of motivation from everything, I decided to give them a presentation.

I held a meeting and talk to them about 5 important points: positive learning, positive influence, self motivation, self awareness, openness.

I think it's the culture over there that ppl aren't really team players. They're all pretty close up to themselves.

Everyone's job scopes is different but still important to support one another, so a lot of self motivation is needed.

Aiya, I'm a big procrastinator, I actually preaching to ppl about self motivation. Wah kaoz... But because K isn't someone to build rapport & relationship with them, I have to do it la otherwise they feel even more distant.

That is the least I could do to make them feel closer and more willingness in their work else I will have to edit the articles they give me until siao.

K told me a bit about the 2nd quarter plan which I shared with them as well. Hopefully we'd be able to grow better in the next 3mths la.

-

Friday, last day at work before the next time I drop by Suzhou.

I met up with Vivian for Korean BBQ dinner after work. I was told it was nearby Mr Leong's apartment. Vivian was nice enough to make a reservation. I found my way there but she was going to be late so I went inside first.

I actually wanted to take pics of the beautifully displayed dishes but the tables around us are authentic Koreans & Japanese. I didn't want to seem to sua ku so I kept my camera in my bag....hiya... so didn't get to take pics.

Vivian arrived and we had a great time there. I enjoy the food a lot!!! The waitresses were all very polite & nice too! Hehe!

After dinner, wanted to go home and put my laptop and all. I haven't shitted the whole week and finally I had some shit! HAHAHA....

Vivian had intention to visit Ping Jiang Lu with me but it was Friday night and we had a hard time getting cabs from our apartment. So we walked further down and try to get cabs but to no avail. We ended up taking a bus.

We continued chatting even on the crowded bus and I got a lot of stares...

As much as I look Asian/Chinese as the rest of them but 我一开口别人就知道我不是道地人. They kept looking at me every now & then... that feeling kinda suck. It wasn't comfortable. *shrugs

So we came by Ping Jiang Lu and was amazed by their neon marker lightbox thingy! It's some kinda special marker... there were some ink trails, probably from a rainy day...



Next we came by and interesting postcard/stationery shop. You can actually write letters or postcard and placed it in one of the 365 box provided and they'll help you send it out on that day for you! It's so drama ou xiang ju lor!!!



Then we continued along the street and saw this cute doggy at the door and went in to say hi!!! 
SO CUTE!!!

I wanted to check out the rest of Ping Jiang Lu so we told the owner we'd be back later! 

Along the way I saw the neon lightboard thing again!

Another special themed cafe~ Outdoor settiing where patrons could sit around... 
however it was near closing time so there wasn't any patrons but still the decor was interesting!


We went back to the cafe with the doggy! Name of the cafe is Sabai Sabai! So cute! 
Even the menu for the drinks were manually written on a Chinese fan! How cool is that!


Because Vivian & I wanted to play and look at the doggy so we sat down at the counter. My lousy camera was so slow.. unable to capture the hyper active retriever so none of the pics taken with the doggy can make it! :(

But the doggy was quite naughty... he bit my arm and refused to let go! Luckily I was wearing quite thick if not I think my arm would be gone!!!

Time to go and took cab back to the apartment, packed up my luggage cos I'd be leaving Suzhou.

-

Saturday, got up and was in a mad rush to prepare cos I'd be leaving Suzhou and head over to Shanghai.

While waiting for the bus to Shanghai, I was sitting down and zo bo-ing, 
I looked around around me and saw this from some distance away...
Singapore Ocean Blue Seafood Hotel?? Simi lai eh?? 
So big business until Suzhou here ah??

3 hours later, I reached Shanghai Hongqiao airport.

Actually both the airports in Shanghai were connected by their Metro and due to my experience during winter, I was intending to take the Metro back to the Shanghai apartment but when I passed by the cab stand, it was empty!! As in, there was no queue and I saw a line of cabs!!! HAHA so I took the cab instead!

I was so hungry when I reached the apartment and rumage the entire kitchen... but only found seaweed!! Better than nothing... the wireless wasn't working as it was password encrpt so I couldn't connect it with my laptop....sian!

With nothing to do, I went to nap.

I got up during late afternoon and took the subway and met up with Evelyn at Huangpinan stop for dinner at this jap restaurant she recommended.

We chatted for a bit only... I didn't take pictures cos there jap restaurant was extremely crowded and we sat at the counter so I seemed swa ku to do that! LOL!

We shopped a bit then I brought her back to the apartment....

I actually just wanted her to stop by and accompany me for a while before she get back. However, I had no idea that Mr Leong would be around as well!

From my understanding he was scheduled to leave for Singapore yesterday so I thought I'd have the apartment to myself. I was indeed quite surprised to see him around when I brought Evelyn back home  I wasn't sure if he would mind if I brought a guest back.

The 3 of us chated a bit while I made tea. It was more of him getting to know Evelyn's background etc... it was then I realised Evelyn was from Fudan University. But I thought she was a Taiwanese and grew up in Taiwan? How did she end up in Shanghai? But gosh! It was only today that I knew she was an Elite!!!

I saw Evelyn to our subway stop and thanked her for the evening as I needed to leave for Singapore the next day together with Mr Leong. THANK GOD we will be on different flights! PHEW!

-

Sunday, a morning flight for me and it was a routine journey to the airport.

Headed to Terminal 1 and checked in my luggage. Went over to Terminal 2's KFC and da bao egg tarts.

Before boarding, I had some RMB left and shopped at the duty free shop. I bought some Loreal anti-aging stuff for mom as her birthday present.

Boarded plane and tried to sleep. Nuah...

Landed T3 at 4pm. Went home with Papa & Ah Mian who also came over to pick me! Hugs & kisses!

Presented presents to Mama and although she didn't say anything, I know she was happy! HAHA!

Dearie surprised me by dropping over unannounced! ^^