Tuesday, got up and welcome by the sun! It was slightly warmer than yesterday but still cold! But having sunshine is consider very good!

Had lunch with Lisa & Lili and saw nice boots! Got my size at 40! Although still a little tight but not like I'm wearing or walking it for long hours, it was dirt cheap lor! Only 40rmb which is like 10sgd.

We had dumpling soup and chatted about S'pore drama and S'pore actors/actress as well as China actors/actress. Told them Huang Xiaoming & Hu Ge very famous here cos of 神雕侠侣/韦小宝 & 射雕英雄 respectively.

After work, I got another nice jacket! For 130rmb which is $30+ only! How can u get jackets for $30+ in SG? HAPPY OON SHOPPING! Yay! But not possible I can take the boots back home la. Probably put it there lor...

Had dinner with Lili at the steamboat place!

She's quite bubbly & adorable!

Wah help, I sibei bui here!


Nom nom nom nom......

We talked about K, work, her job scope and what she previously did. Sigh... not really sure what she can and she wants to do cos I think I'm probably going through the same thing?

-

Wednesday, my bag's strap snapped on my way to work. I probably close the taxi door and didn't realise that I broke it! =(

It was the new girl, Candy's first day of work so I briefed her stuff and made known her job scope is to assist me and how to go about researching and the purpose of doing these.

I had lunch with her and basically chatted about her life, where she's from, what she studied, what she enjoy doing and aim for in life etc. Not that I know myself any better la...

After work, Lili was nice enough to accompany me to the Auchen mall (that Mr Leong previously brought me to) to get an alternative for my bag strap. I was intending to get the rock climbing thing which is available at backpack/outdoor activity shop to purchase gears.

But hor! It wasn't available in malls in China leh! Don't ppl do outdoor activities here meh? No camping? No trekking one ah? One assistant actually told me say it's winter now and the stock will only come in during summer? Har??? Hello? What if someone wanna climb Mount Everest, it's like mighty cold there lor... when to wait for it to become summer? U climb Mt Everest during summer it's also below freezing point lor.

Grrrr... So I have to make do with carrying my bag on one side, so qi guai.

Had dinner with Lili again but this time it's at this claypot place. I didn't take pics as they have miserable display, a few piece of veg & meat only but it was actually very delicious leh.

After dinner, we were making our way out when we saw some shuai ge. But it's backview shuai la, so we actually rushed after them trying to check out how they actually look but they disappeared quite fast...haha! Huachi!

Took cab home and watched Family's Honour again.... Sigh really NO LIFE here! At least back in SG, I still can jog lor and KTV with friends.

Over here, And everyday eating unhealthy food and food which I don't really fancy here.... AISH!

-

Thursday, I got sick. Not sure if it's what I ate? The lifestyle? Or the cold weather?

My throat was very dry and I couldn't talk so I took the day off to rest but I still got to monitor Candy as it was only her 2nd day.

Sigh... I was STILL eating instant noodles for breakfast & dinner... Chatted a lot with Candy via msn while watching Family's Honour until evening where I met up with Vivian to have the Jap dinner below our apartment.

Sigh... with my voice like that, I still ate shabu shabu, sushi with wasabi and still chatted with her. I sounded really awful, like a transvestite or some teenage boy whose voice was just breaking.

之前第一次和她见面的时候,真的觉得她是很好聊天的朋友。
可是后来经过相处,观察,觉得和她说话有些尴尬。
我觉得她似乎好像过于积极,对我特别超级好。

我们稍微聊了之间认识的人,谈一些工作。
这餐是我个人请她的。我很讨厌 PR 就是这样。
你请我,我请你,请不完。

Later on we went across the street cos I was intending to get some DVDs. We parted and I went home, hoping my voice would be more ok.

I hope it can be well before Saturday when I go KTV with Evelyn & Yvonne. Sigh...

-

Friday, I would be heading to Shanghai in the afternoon.

The plan is:
  • Morning leave SZ apartment 
  • Bring luggage to office, from office head over to the place to boad coach going towards SH
  • Will alight at Hongqiao airport and take a cab back to SH apartment

But! This morning when I brought my luggage out, I exerted too much force and hurt/sprain my back when I tried lifting my luggage over the curb at the door. More specifically the lower spine connected to pelvis? 

After that instant I sprained it, I had difficulty standing straight and to walk. But I was already halfway out liao so I had to go to the office as per normal dragging a luggage with me.

Got to office but walking like an old lady to the toilet and pantry. Colleagues said if I'm really in a bad shape then don't go SH tonight but the tics already bought and I already made plans with my friends in SH.

I left for work at 4pm to catch the 430 coach. Wah siao.. I had to pull my luggage as well as to carry my bag with the heavy laptop inside. I took an earlier coach... but I spotted 1 seat right at the back... it was an uncomfortable seat. The whole time my back was in uncomfortable position.. sigh~ What had I gotten myself into... 

Sibei dulan mood but it was getting dark and my eyelids were getting heavier so took a nap during the journey until I heard a lot of horns... traffic jams & impatient drivers... a 2hr coach became 3hr plus.

Basically the coach only stop at the 2 airports in Shanghai: Pudong & Hongqiao. But Pudong is further away from the SH apartment so I alighted at Hongqiao but it was so freaking crowded.. what's with ppl leaving & landing on Fri night!!!! MADNESS!!!!

Lao niang's back wasn't helping and my mood was already so dulan... I couldn't find the freaking taxi stand... and when I finally found it... it was KNNBCCB LONG!!!!! 

I was tired and in pain and in shock... the queue was freaking long. I had to queue 1.5hrs for it... IN THE WINTER COLD! TMD!!! I was so pissed I cannot think straight and kep cursing & swearing in my head showing super duper sian face.... Really is wah lau eh....

Eventually I still made it to the SH apartment but I didn't have the address and I didn't have the key. That time before I left, K didn't pass me key. 

Prior to arriving SH, I did brought up to Mr Leong and ask him how was he going to pass me key since he was returning back to Singapore earlier. He has 2 keys and 1 key he'll put with the security management and 1 key will put under the mat... pengz...

When I got to the block, it was madness explaining to the security. "你好,请问昨天有没有一位梁先生寄放一个信封在这里?我是来领取的。"

Then I'm being asked who am I, what am I doing here, am I a guest of this condo apartment, and everyone at the counter never recieve anything... Sianz...

They called up other security on other shifts... after speaking to several ppl on the phone, fortunately there was 1 who remembered receiving an envelop for a guest - me - he passed to me. Thank god I got the key and then I went up to the SH apartment. 

Very naturally during the cold weather, I turned up all the air-con, heater etc to keep the apartment warm.... By then my back really feels like breaking, still walking around like an old lady, I had to support my upper body with abs. Not that I have abs - more like fats - but trying to say my back is as good as no use, I can't use it at all cos I'm in pain if I exert any force to it. I had a hand to my back, using my arm to support my back... sigh...

So I thought I could finally rest on the bed, giving my back a break. But, I barely laid on the bed, there was a blackout! WTF! I have no idea where is the torch... Shit, the handphone light I was using wasn't enough... and I am struggling like an old lady supporting my injured back, touching all the furniture until I get to the main entrance and open the door for the corridor light to shine into the house....

Wah lau! WHY WAS I SO FUCKING SUAY??? And I haven't mentioned my cold/sore throat/sexy voice. 

So I called Mr Leong and told him what happened. He said there was never a blackout in the house... he asked me to inform the security downstairs and they'll get the maintenance ppl to fix it.

I went back to the apartment and waited for the guy... and that uncle came and said if I on air-con then don't on heater, there's an overload of power allowance per household blablabla...

I'm worried my back wont get better... I applied Tiger Balm and pasted the Chinese medicine plaster and ate Panadol Extra Strong for Pain Relief. 

By midnight, I could feel my voice totally gone... how to KTV tomorrow?

-

Saturday, I was officially in terrible shape - my back & voice both gone! 

But I still went ahead and met up with the girls at Xu Jia Hui's Cashbox 徐家汇钱柜.

It was lunch buffet! With my Ah Du's voice, I still ngeh ngeh want to sing. I sang Lady Gaga and BSB and I basically have to low key for most songs cos I confirm can't hit with my sore throat...

I enjoyed myself every bit from 12pm-430pm. 

Evelyn got plans to have dinner with her sister so there was still some time to hang out. Yvonne would be meeting her friends at some mall so Evelyn & I didn't mind spending time walking & shopping till evening time. 

We took a cab over to this 巴黎春风 or 巴黎春光. But it has nothing to do with Paris, just a name only. =P And cos of this we had a very funny convo with the cab driver.

Evelyn: 师傅,我们要去八村?

Cabby: 啊?我们这里有八村吗?你知道在哪里,怎么走吗?

Evelyn: 就巴黎春风(or 光?)啊。

Cabby: 啊?什么时候简称成这样了啊?

Evelyn: 我们都这么说的。

Cabby: 我开车20年都没有听说这样说的啊。。。

En: HAHAHAHAHAHA

Pics on the cab with Evelyn...


Later on we realised we're not going to buy anything at the luxurious mall so we left and took train to meet up with her sister at dunno which line. We took a while to finally meet them and to decide to have Beijing hotpot for dinner.

Apparently Beijing hotpot/steamboat is quite different from those we eat in a pot. Shall see it for myself later on. 

Evelyn's sister and her friend damn funny la! And I kept laughing watching the sister and the friend talking. The friend took the paper menu to see what ingredient we can order later on. But the sister was a bit disgusted.

Sister: 你干嘛不拿好一点的纸。破破烂烂的,怎么看啊?

Friend: 我又没有叫里啦(你拿)。

Apparently the friend is from Guangdong, so her Mandarin putonghua is a bit Canto-accented. Damn funny la! 

The sister & the friend are colleagues whose boss is a Singaporean and they can never understand Singaporean's English nor Mandarin. She said she had difficulty understanding even after working for him for several years. 

But they said I don't speak/sound Singaporean... I told them I can speak Singlish too and sprouted some Singlish and now's their turn to laugh at the accent. I wasn't offended at all to be honest. But I honestly did I feel paiseh actually so I try not to sound Singlish when I'm outside la... 

This is how Beijing hotpot/steamboat looks like... damn imperial/ancient.
The lighting's a bit dim so I can't really capture it.

That's the friend from Guangdong whom they call Xiaoyang cos her surname's Yang.

Pics of food that only stay for a short while on the table before it was gone :P

Check out the boiling steam and those intense bubbles!!!

I'd never seen any ladies as funny as both of them!! 
Got professional comedian/entertainer standard lor! 

After dinner, we went walking around aimlessly. 
We chanced by this mall! Decor all purple one!

Haha candid shot of Evelyn.

Suddenly they wanted to have a second round and we had some HK dessert. 

They've got cute waiters there woh!! Quite shuai! Wahaha... 

By then I look quite cui already so I look damn horrible in the pics until even photoshop cannot save me! I look damn bloated in winter clothing la! TMD!

I had such a great time despite a sprained back and had to limp as well as my sexy sore throat.... We parted and I got on a cab and head back home. 

It was nice to see the Shanghai City all over again... I saw the Jinmao Tower and the Financial Building too... very pretty at night but I was too dead beat to take pics in the speeding cab....

-

Sunday, I was supposed to be Yvonne again but I felt that it was kinda rushed so I told her we'll meet again next time when I'm there.

My flight was 2pm and I needed to leave at 1pm so even if we meet for brunch at 10 or 11. It was a bit rushed since I haven't packed and now I'm an old granny, my speed would be slowly than the usual.

My throat had gotten much much worst. I totally cannot speak. Even when I tried, no sound would be produced. I panicked... how come like that!!!

I surfed net, packed, napped, got everything ready. I am playing mute for the day. So, I wrote on a piece of paper, "请问到浦东机场要多就时间?" Then on another piece, "麻烦你帮我叫出租车." And 3rd piece a big smiley face with THANK YOU!

So I dragged my luggage to the lobby and approached the management guy with 1st piece of paper. He checked with somebody on the walkie talkie and said. "One hour." 

I showed him my 2nd piece of paper. He said, "Ok" and went out to get a cab for me. Later on I show him the 3rd piece and he smiled and say "Thank you you". As in "Thank-q yoo" HAHA!!!

During the journey, I decided to write some notes telling the driver to gave me receipt, another one to help me move my luggage (cos my back CMI). But later on when I reached the airport I only showed the first piece cos the drive automatically helped me move liao. 

After checking in, I wanted to go to KFC but I forgot how to go liao so I roamed around but eh... still can't find. Pek chek I can't ask ppl cos I no voice so I have to write it out again: 请问 KFC 怎么走?

Finally, some kind soul pointed in the right direction for me! Yay! Found it! Bought my 1 dozen of pineapple tarts and nuahhhhh..... 

Boarded plane and had a hard time sitting around cos my back hurt/suan/uncomfortable. Sigh~ Kept fidgeting. 

I saw the sunset from my window seat...

Can you see a little crescent at the top right corner?

I'm on top of the clouds!

Earlier on I had sms K that I was in a bad shape and need the day off to visit the doctor and he approved. 

Over all, I don't really like winter cos it's really damn mafan getting around....and it makes me fat! HAHA! 

Hopefully the next time I go over, possibly during Spring after CNY will be better.