Monday, it was a normal working day. Indeed I was online in the morning and had a little chat with K about work, and then I disappeared from 'lunch time' onwards :P

Truth was, I've arranged to meet up with Evelyn at Mo Gan Shan road to check out more art galleries & studios!



The place we were visiting was close to residential area as we needed to cross an estate.

Love the greeneries ALWAYS!



Super duper high rise building! I think got at least 30 floors?

From the previous picture, we were actually standing on a road bridge. The high rise apartments were on the right while on the left are parks & some complex of some sort.


I am guessing this canal leads to Suzhou River that's why it's called Suzhou River Park

Walking on, this was the first graffiti that greeted us!

There was no connection/relation between a tiger & the side profile of a man. I'm guessing artists were free to take up any space to draw hehe

Just slightly ahead of the right of the graffiti of the man's profile was this gate!

Not quite sure what the tour was about since there weren't a lot of other information. But I was excited to check out the walls of graffiti further up in front!!! By the way, I think Tiger must be some kind of symbol in the community here? *shrugs*

Let the graffiti begin!!





Gorillaz right?



I guess Gorillaz & graffiti are often associated with 'street' 'street art' style ba...

Very 'freshly painted' graffiti art actually! All signing off with '10. But I wonder if the artist were local or foreign?




Ok I quite like this art and wanted to get Evelyn to help me take some jumping shot but err.. I guess we didn't really have mo qi and the pics turned out like that =\



This is one of my favourite piece!!!! I'm not sure if it's for the colours or for the 3D-ish way it's painted but it's really really absolutely cool!


Doesn't it look like it's popping out in your face?




How can get they get so damn detail from spray cans? Hmm... or actually they used airbrush? Really a real airbrush thingy? How to make sure it wouldn't go out of line or something lol

I was really intrigued, impressed by the creativity, the colours! I felt happy just by looking at these visual already!!!


Even a simple word 'Bye' can be in such a unique font that's so colourful! :)

Of course the wall didn't went on forever as we chanced by a.... what it seems like residential area? With graffiti that continued on their building wall :P

It seemed really old with the plant creepers creeping all over the edge & top of the building

This is the back view of where we followed the graffiti walls from.

There are probably more from the Ke Le but let's explore further first.

We hadn't had eaten anything yet so we chanced by some atas looking cafe. The food & drinks wren't exactly cheap but seems like the only place to hang out. But all the other ppl who were hanging out there were either ang mohs or Asian tourists like us... I don't see any local ppl?

While waiting for our orders... snapped pics!



Haha! :X



The pizza actuallys looks AND taste awesome!!!!


CHEESE!!!

After having some food, we began exploring the art studios. Basically they used to be factories which are all now converted to art/design studio or galleries or spaces for exhibition.

Just a rough picture of how the 2-storey buildings look like.


We weren't supposed to take pics but I couldn't help snap a few :P


This hall was pretty deserted so I could take some nice ones.

Below most of the art pieces were little cards, postcards, catalouges.

But they aren't free.

This is a special way of  art.


The artist outlined the work with some sort of marker or probably fine brush, thereafter he filled in the colours with dots & strokes that doesn't fill up the whole space.  But shit loads of details to take note. Definitely lots of work.

Then we came across this ad and saw face of Obama!


Interesting. I wonder what kind of art is this... it's probably not even hand-painted but manipulated digitally?

This artistic place had really got funny eyecatching door signs. I guess that's the purpose right?

Unfortunately it was closed and we couldn't go inside to see what they do.

Taking some moment to sit around and chill :)


I loved my outfit! <3 Colourful hor?

After Evelyn saw me taken a zipai shot of myself, she wanted to do the same too!


两个老女人装可爱,笑死人了!哈哈!




We continued the exploration of these exhibition or studios and chanced by a fusion artist! I like his concept a lot! His pieces mainly showcase the combination of Statue of Liberty in periodic chinese costumes as well as 'hanging out' with the Terracota Warriors!

This artist's name is Zhao Shuo and I think he calls this series of works Chinmerica. The China-America relation probably propelled him with these inspirations and I think it's absolutely cool! Here are some of his awesome works I found online.


Note that the female statues has got oriental features while the male warriors have caucasian looks! And oh! the offspring of Statue of Liberty & Terracota Warrior! HAHA!

Their wedding bells!


More of their romance! :D








Hmm... this painting is definitely controversial! Mao is the one announcing the marraige of Liberty & Terracotta Warrior!

Two of my favourite are of Statue of Liberty in Chinese periodic costumes!
This looks a custome of..... courtseans in those days :P I mean typical women in those day do not reveal their chests/cleavage like that :P

This costume looks like the wife of some nobleman. The fact that she's able to wear so many layers proved that she's quite well-to-do. Peasants do not have the earning power to buy such good materials to wear! It will be too much a luxury!

Don't you find them awesome too?

With that we ended the tour at this artistic place! For those of you who live in Shanghai or thinking of what to do if you're happen to be staying short-term in Shanghai, why not pop by the art district and check out some awesome works for an afternoon?

More reads here & here.

Here's some camwhore pics as we walked passed those graffiti art again!



"Accidentally" snapped photos! Haha!

I wonder if it's a cool thing to live in those apartment there!



Took a sign of the road name! :)



As it was my last night before I leave Shanghai for home tomorrow, I really really wanted to visit The Bund before I leave. I didn't get to visit it previously. Evelyn suggest we take a cab there.

Here's a video I took while we were inside the cab.

Bye bye Moganshan Road!

We alighted at some place with cool looking 'Western buildings'. The Bund actually look like the old settlement of Singapore's Boat Quay where immigrants used to built their establishment and make a living here in the Oriental area.

According to Wikipedia, "The Shanghai Bund has dozens of historical buildings, lining the Huangpu River, that once housed numerous banks and trading houses from the United Kingdom, France, the United States, Italy, Russia, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands and Belgium, as well as the consulates of Russia and Britain, a newspaper, the Shanghai Club and the Masonic Club. The Bund lies north of the old, walled city of Shanghai. This was initially a British settlement; later the British and American settlements were combined in the International Settlement."

I see, that's how those buildings look pretty 'western looking', not cheena looking at all! :P

Evelyn mentioned she wanted to bring to some museum as I mentioned I like art & artistic stuff. I followed behind.

To Be Continued...