This entry will cover Urban Pavilion, New Zealand Pavilion, Indonesia Pavilion, Cambodia Pavilion.



(continue from the previous entry)

We finally entered from Gate 5 and this was the first scene we saw...
The girls were eager to take a pic with the China pavilion in the background.

And trust me, in China.... all your pictures taken there confirm have many photobombers from all angles as you'd discover from the upcoming photos I'm going to post.

I was a mess that day so errr... I don't have any chio photos of myself. I was a total fashion disaster in a Barney suit. What was I thinking, wearing purple for the whole outfit? I look horrendous. 

Please skip if you find my photos disturbing hor! I can't even stand to look at myself gosh!

From the above photo, you saw the staircase up right? 
So we went up and came across this view...

Walking further down... From everywhere you can see the famous China pavilion!


Zooming in a little, can u see the crowd/queue on the left?

Ok I zoom in even more more....
The whole road has been occupied!
EH SIAO BOH!!! Madness crowd!!!

By the way, pics posted here also include those taken by my colleages Candy, Lisa, Lili, Simon and of cos myself la! Haha! That's why I took hell of a long time to sort these pictures out!

A transparent onion-shaped Israel pavillion!


Turkmenistan... I don't even know where is it on the world map!

Each pavilion's got ridiculously long queues so we have to selectively choose to enter. We heard those Asian pavillions require 3-5hrs of queuing. Pavilions like HK, Macau, Japan, Korea!

OMFG then what about those bigger countries from Europe & Africa?

From the looks of it we were around the Middle East region...
A Qatar pavilion! Ridiculously long queue again -_-

Er... not the best looking photo... lol :P
Behind me is actually South Arabian Pavilion but this is the back/exit part. 
Lisa wanted to take a pic so err I ok lor.

Middle East was quite boring since we weren't familiar with its culture. It wasn't before long we decided to check out the Asian pavillions so we head over to the MAIN LEAD of the whole expo - China.

But hor... it's really too damn fucking huge that my normal camera couldn't capture it. I was trying to get Simon to be my model, trying to find an ideal angle to capture BOTH people + architecture building.... but...



But 3 tries all fail~~ =(

The only better view of the roof structure of China Pavilion

Too huge liao... I can't go any further back cos it's out of the road....

Failed zi pai too :(
Why my hair so luannnn!!!

Ok I know I look fugly + fat here....

But what I want to show is this! Haha! 
Simon snapped a pic of me below while I was posing for the above picture taken by Lisa.

Here's another SAME picture at the SAME TIME taken by 2 different person!

WHY I LOOK SO FUGLY IN THOSE PICS LOOKING IN CAMERA ONE!!! 
I look better at "paparazzi shots" LOL! =P

I forgot to introduce - HK pavillion on the left and Rabbit head pavillion is from Macau!
Too many crowd again so we decided to leave.

But not without a break first...
Mayun was sweet enough to bring cherry apples for everyone!


Bad hair day for me =(

While on the way to Southeast Asian region, we chanced by some Urban Civillisation Pavillion or something.

It is a showcase of the living condition & culture of different race groups for example, Chinese, Australians, Africans, Europeans, Americans and their lifestyle and what they do everyday & during festive seasons etc.

The purpose wasn't really that interesting as most people who have studied history or geography would have known or people who are viewers of National Geographic or Discover Channel. However, the exhibits were really very beautiful & colourful!

This room here shows the study condition of kids in the Western culture! 
This place looks like Hogwarts!


Simon & I spent a lot of time in this room trying to capture the right lighting and we tried a lot of times with our lousy digicam! It's really not easy! I have probably like 20-30 other blur photos! Grrr...

I love the purplish effects in the following pics!


Yes they are really empty paint tins placed together row by row!

A typical night street easily found in Asian countries splash with billboard! 
A typical urbanised city view they're trying to portray I guess?

Also another typical night market scene!! Quite nice!

With that we finished touring the pavilion and head toward the Southeast Asian region. I was quite surprised to see New Zealand pavilion amongst the Southeast Asian countries...

The queue is madness!!!!

Lucky for us, it was MOVING!! 
There queues from other pavilions that weren't moving AT ALL!!

While queuing, some guy was carving out the boat! 
It was a really exquisite design. I wonder how will the final outlook look like!


Lucky for us the queue didn't take long and I get to visit the NZ pavilion within 10-15minutes. Upon stepping in I realised why the queue was moving so fast because there wasn't really interesting from the pavilion.

There were many things NZ was famous for like the grassland, cows, lambs, agricultural aspects. But it showcase its own urban life, perhaps trying to fit in the theme of the Shanghai expo? I felt it was pretty common.

And we got stamped!!

Actually we have an expo passport which allows us to get a stamp to any pavilions we'd been to! The NZ ang moh lady could speak Chinese! She told everyone, "请翻到第28 页!" It means please flip to page 28, where the NZ pavilion picture was!

There was an outdoor part of the pavilion. I didn't take any pics of the indoor cos I wasn't impressed with anything in it. The outdoor were the plants of NZ?



Ok I confess, I photoshopped myself in the following pics! LOL! I really look damn cui & Barney that day... wah lauz... Everytime I see my pics of that day I kept cursing myself for being so cui!




We were told those 3 "tubs" were made of jade leh! Looks so pretty!


I love colourful gardens!!



I must say I was quite disappointed in NZ pavilion. Was looking forward to other pavilion while exiting NZ pavilion...

However... I got sian looking at other pavilions...
Behind Malaysia is Australia....

Malaysian pavilion need to be so many ppl boh?

Sibei sian... sibei sian....
zzzzZzzzzzzzz...................... -_________-"

We moved on to Brunei pavilion where there was NO QUEUE!
But we kinda expected why... nothing fantastic inside...

Since when Brunei look so developed leh? 2035? 
Is that how it's supposed to look like during 2035?


And then it was Indonesia pavilion!! Quite huge with a few storeys. 

But then it was lunch time, so we decided to have lunch here...
Just some fried rice and satay but taste pretty good,
But price at 50rmb for this which is about SG$12 is really BIANGZ!

Shy Simon wants to take a pic with the Indonesian beauty!

I like the Indonesian Pavilion! It totally brought out the attraction & the culture of the country! It's known for its exotic culture, tropical sun, sea, rain forest, animals!

Stats & figures!



Indonesia is also known as a divers' paradise!

That arc over there is LED screen of fishes 'swimming'.

See!! Like underwater world! COOL!

After the underwater part, is the rain forest part....

EE stands for En En! HAHAHA

There is actually sound effects here that gives you the feel of being in a tropical country. 
Birds chirping, water droplets, insects etc. Nice!

Quite satisfied with my photoshopped image of myself =X

There was a petition going on to save Komodo Dragons 
which they were trying to appeal from the visitors.
Everyone would sign in their name electronically into their system! 
It was quite cool!

While traveling up to another level we could see the ground floor which was quite happening & colourful! I like the feeling of being inside the Indonesian Pavilion!

That was the very place we had the rmb50 Indonesian meal! LOL!


One of the gradient path heading upward. 
We got up from the ground level then slowly proceed upwards. 
It was an interesting design/architecture

Once again the view of Malaysian Pavilion from opposite.

Other exquisite exhibits....




I think Indonesia's cultural/traditional music instruments are cool. Indonesia is also well known for their batik, textile, fabric! They've further division into Javanese culture, Balinese culture! COOOL!!!

Borobudur is one of Indonesia's landmark! 

A UNESCO World Heritage Site! Got 504 Buddha statues! 
Why haven't I visited that before!!!

I didn't know trishaw is one of Indonesia's icons?


Like every pavilion, there will be a retail shop for visitors to purchase souvenirs! But hehe, Simon & I were more interested in taking reflection pics of ourselves!


I got my passport chopped!! 
The red round one was for the Urban Pavilion earlier.
The Indonesian stamp is the one below!

Candy & me!

Taking a rest outside and snapping pics! 


Of we go to the next pavillion! Cambodia, also another fast moving queue.
That was what greeted us when we step in!
This could have been a nice composition 
if not for the stupid red ''in case of fire break glass" thing... aish -.-

A miniature ANG KOR WAT!!!

Tradition Cambodian music

Real Cambodian native! 
I wonder how much are they paid to play everyday? Hmm....

There are many statues of Buddha in the pavillion...



With that we're done with the Cambodia pavilion!! Moving on!!!

To be continued...